THE FIVE STEPS OF FINANCIAL PLANNING
STEP ONE - Developing a Present Position
Our first step in helping you achieve financial success is to determine your “Present Position.” This is the process of evaluating where you are today in terms of your assets, liabilities, income, expenses, and any other financial resources, such as company benefits, wills, insurance policies, etc. Our team will then review this information with you in depth to determine, what we call your Present Position.
STEP TWO - Establishing Financial Goals and Objectives
Do you visualize your financial goals subjectively, as opposed to objectively? If you see an image of where you want to be, but do not have a plan in place on how you will get there – it is time to make a plan. We invest the time and listening necessary for developing personalized and achievable financial goals and objectives. Our team will help you make that image a reality with proper evaluation of your Present Position and future goals. We help you see the reality of your expectations and then work closely with you to help you set measurable objectives in order to help ensure the future that you have envisioned.
STEP THREE - Determining the Problems
Once we have worked together to establish your Present Position and your Goals and Objectives, we will determine what is being done right, what is being done inefficiently and, what is not being done that should be. In the end, we are trying to answer the question, “What are the problems that we need to solve?”
As we help you problem solve, we will help you address some of the following issues:
- Are you paying too much in taxes?
- Is your cash flow management adequate?
- Do you have sufficient liquidity for an unexpected emergency?
- Do you have the most appropriate & cost-effective insurance coverage?
- Do you have a prepared estate plan that matches your legacy objectives?
- Do you have adequate funds or a proper plan in place to pay for your children’s future education expenses?
- Are you planning and saving in the most efficient manner for your retirement?
- Are you making optimal use of your employer provided benefits?
- Does your investment portfolio align with your risk tolerance, goals and objectives and overall financial plan?
- Are you on track to meet your overall goals and objectives?
STEP FOUR - Developing the Plan
Once all of the information has been gathered, and the problems have been determined, Newroads Financial Group will develop an in depth, highly detailed written personal financial plan for your specific situation. This plan will establish the actions you need to implement in order to reach your goals and objectives in the most efficient manner possible. It is important to understand that our job is not only to determine the problems, but also to provide you with customized solutions based on your available resources.
STEP FIVE - Presenting the Plan
The final step in the Financial Planning process is the presentation, potential implementation strategies and ongoing monitoring of your plan. We know that things can change on a daily, monthly or yearly basis. We are ready to help you adjust your financial plan to meet those changing times. We are here to form a lifelong partnership in helping you reach your vision of financial success.